It’s Potluck Sunday at On Blogging Well, and like Forest Gump’s box of chocolates, you never know what you’re going to get. Today I’m going to share an easy way to check the health of your blog. HubSpot has developed a free online tool called Website Grader. Simply type in the URL of your blog and you’re “off to the races” while Website Grader checks various aspects of your blog’s marketability, Search Engine Optimization, and user accessibility and readability. They’ll even email you a free detailed report if you want that includes adjustment suggestions you can make to increase your score. In case you’re wondering, On Blogging Well got an 84% the first go-round, then, after less than 10 minutes of tweaks, I re-submitted the site to Website Grader and scored a 96.2%. Not bad.
Posts of the Week for January 10-16, 2010:
(Note: My posts of the week are the best posts about blogging that I read during this week. It doesn’t necessarily mean that they were published during this week, although usually that is the case.)
- How to Market Articles without Leaving Your Blog by Alex at Blogussion
- 3 Essential Lessons and 3 Benefits of Viral Blog Posts by Jade Craven
- An In-depth Traffic Stats and Analysis Report by Pat Flynn (Smart Passive Income)
- Why Business Blogs Shouldn’t Be on BlogSpot.com by HubSpot
- How to be Funny without Even Trying by Jordan Cooper (Guest post at ProBlogger.net)