Evernote is a web service and software application that allows users to collect notes and information. Basically, you can capture all sorts of digital information and store it in your Evernote files, which are automatically indexed and made searchable by title, keyword, or tag.
Here are 34 ways to use Evernote:
- Keep up with your to-do lists.
- Download the Evernote app for your mobile device and carry it with you.
- Snip a web clipping.
- Snap an image with your camera phone.
- Send a tweet to your Evernote inbox.
- Hand write a note on a digital tablet. Evernote’s handwriting recognition interface will make your words searchable.
- Set up an Evernote-Getting Things Done system.
- Forget transcribing hard copies into digital data — simply scan a document and save it.
- Have hundreds of .pdf files saved on your computer? Create a .pdf “library” and search them in seconds.
- Tag your files to make them even easier to find.
- Create separate notebooks for different projects and ideas.
- Take pictures of business cards and save them into a contacts folder. Yes, Evernote recognizes text on images. Pretty cool, huh?
- Scan your credit card statements and/or check images from your bank statements into an Evernote file and search quickly if you’re called upon to provide proof of purchase for an item.
- Keep up with business expenses to make tax time less of a headache.
- Plan a vacation. Save map links, web clippings, and images of places you want to visit. Include your reservation numbers, directions, itineraries, and other information, then access it all from your Blackberry, iPhone, or other mobile device.
- Manage your medical records and prescriptions in an Evernote file.
- Store online usernames and passwords to membership sites.
- Research available third-party apps to learn other Evernote uses are out there, such as archiving your voicemail messages.
- Keep notes for blog post ideas.
- Researching a book project? Keep all your notes and thoughts in one handy place that you can access from any web enabled device.
- If you’re in a fender-bender, take pictures and notes to refer to when you have to answer police, medical, and insurance questions.
- Never lose a grocery list again.
- Dictate task assignments and save into a shared notebook with your virtual assistant.
- Keep a virtual journal that you can add to at any time or place.
- Leave yourself a voice memo.
- Store the receipt and serial numbers for household appliances and electronic equipment.
- Email yourself from your Evernote account.
- Link a notebook with a friend, co-worker, or fellow student to make group projects easy to manage.
- Keep up with work or school assignments.
- Take notes during meetings.
- Break down major projects into easy-to-manage task lists.
- Are you a pet lover? Keep your pet’s health records on file and never forget when your furry friend is due for her annual shots.
- Watch the fun videos on the Evernote learning site to see how others use Evernote in their day-to-day tasks.
- Subscribe to the Evernote blog to learn more ideas on how to use this amazing virtual assistant.
(Note: Some of the above tips require a premium account and/or third-party application.)
What ways do you use Evernote? Please share your tips with the rest of us in the comments section.
Until next time,