If you’re wondering how to market with Pinterest, wonder no more. This week Pinterest launched business accounts. There are a few simple steps:
- Create a Pinterest for business account. You can also convert your personal account to a business one. If you already have an account and want to make it your business one, it only takes a few minutes. Once you arrive at the Pinterest for Business page, simply click on the banner that says “Convert Your Existing Account.” You’ll also have an option to create a new account as a business. Because I intend to use Pinterest as a tool to promote my blog coaching and marketing consulting, I decided to convert my Pinterest account to a business account – Go ahead and click the link to connect with me on Pinterest!
- Verify your website. Once you’ve chosen to create (or convert a personal account to) a business Pinterest account, you can download an HTML file from Pinterest and upload it (via FTP) into the root directory of your domain.
- Tell your story. Pinterest is a visual platform, so share images that convey who you are and what your business is about. Be inspiring. Be interesting. Be helpful. Be creative. Be personal. Be sure to include thoughtful descriptions of the images you share and include links to related websites.
- Start pinning!Create some boards relevant to your business, and start adding great content to those boards. Another gne great way to pin content is by putting the Pinterest bookmarklet into your web browser’s toolbar. Here’s a video that shows how to install the Pinterest bookmarklet:
- Build a community. You can build your Pinterest community by pinning great content, both yours and repinning other people’s content. You’ll also want to include a “Follow” button on your blog. You can grow your Pinterest community by collaborating with other pinners, ask questions on Facebook and have your community pin their answers to one of your Pinterst boards, promote your boards on your other social media platforms, create a “pin to win” contest.
- Generate traffic to your Pinterest profile. Include a Pinterest “Pin It” button on your blog or website so people can easily pin your content to their boards.
- Keep learning more about Pinterest. Follow the Pinterest for Business board.
- And, keep reading OnBloggingWell, because I plan to include more tips on how to market with Pinterest.