As we near the death of SEO (more on that next SEO Saturday, but it’s true – SEO is terminally ill), sites with social media clout and genuine content are rising to the top of the search engine results pages. In light of that, today’s posts of the week roundup features some tips you can use as you strive to grow your community and provide great content for your readers. If that hasn’t been your focus in the past, it’s time to change.
The next big thing in marketing is content marketing via social media. And from this day forward, that will be the focus of posts at OnBloggingWell. We’ll still use the regular 7-topic format, but the content within those categories will be geared toward social content marketing.
- 30 Tips for Promoting Your Blog Content – Econsultancy (Digital Marketing Excellence) shares an infographic with us this week that builds upon the premise, “If you market it, they will come.”
- Retailers Pin Hopes on Christmas – “Brands are relying on social to boost sales this holiday season.” AdWeek discusses how holiday marketing has taken an interest in Pinterest.
- 12 Internal Linking Best Practices – from Search Engine People. Yeah, I know I said SEO is dying a slow death. But, according to a July Forbes article (“The Death of SEO: The Rise of Social, PR, and Real Content”), those who know WAY more about these things than I ever will, claim on-page SEO tactics will still be viable (quote from that article, “Follow internal SEO practices to make sure it is found”). It’s the backlinking frenzy that is going by the wayside. Which is great news for bloggers, because backlinking is time-consuming and (if you outsource) is very expensive. Learn to optimize your on-site content and market your content via social media. Social Content Marketing. Memorize that phrase.
- How to Optimize Your New LinkeIn Company Page in 7 Steps – LinkedIn has taken huge strides to improve profile pages. Check out this article by Portent, then head over to your LinkedIn page and spruce it up.
- 10 Google+ Power Tips for B2B – Stand by and watch. Google+ will become of vital importance in your social content marketing strategy. After all, who owns Google+? Social Media B2B brings out some great tips for all of us to implement. I admit – I’m TOTALLY lacking in the Google+ arena, but it’s time for me – and all of us – to change that!