When I say “top posts,” of course I mean the posts that I found to be the most useful out of those I read during the past week. There is no secret algorithm or ballots to count. Just stuff I ran across on the web I thought looked cool or interesting or helpful.
So, without further ado, and in no certain order, here are this week’s Potluck Sunday winners:
- Infographics are all the rage right now, plus learning how to do keyword research is still a big mystery to many bloggers, so my first choice for this week’s Potluck Sunday awards goes to Search Engine Land for their infographic on how to do keyword research. One cautionary note, though – this infographic offers some controversial steps in keyword research, such as identifying landing pages before you conduct the search, so be warned – it’s not the “definitive way” to do this process.
- Email marketing is still one of the best tried-and-true methods for nurturing leads and retaining customers. Plus, Hubspot always creates rockin’ content. Therefore, it’s no wonder they made this week’s list with their post titled, “25 Little Email Marketing Experiments that Deliver BIG Results.”
- You might need to sit down for this one, but MySpace (yes, you read that right) is under new management and just underwent a re-design that puts all those never-ending changes of Facebook to shame. Kudos to Ad Age Digital for bringing this “new and improved” MySpace announcement to our attention with their piece, “Sexy MySpace Redesign Makes Some Wish They Hadn’t Deleted Their Account Back in 2008.” Now I’m curious if MY MySpace account is still active. I’ll have to check on that!
- The term “landing page” is one of the most misunderstood terms for newcomers to online marketing. Our friends over at Duct Tape Marketing have put some of the confusion to rest in their September 26 post “How to Create a High Converting Landing Page.” The post comes complete with a breakdown of landing page elements and examples of excellent landing pages.
- Finally, thanks to Portent.com for sharing a great post on How to Optimize Social Networks for Local SEO. This post also covers the all-important topic of online reputation. There are some tips there I can’t wait to share with some of my clients.
Speaking of redesign, I’m still working in the background on the new design for OnBloggingWell. Hopefully this week’s schedule will permit me to spend more time on that so I can unveil it to you soon. I mean, if MySpace can dust itself off and “relaunch” with a new design, so can On Blogging Well!
It’s great to be back on the block!
Until next time,