Sharing the story of your business with your readers helps “humanize” your company. This is one of the reasons many large corporations began blogging. But sometimes it’s hard to figure out exactly what to say about your business, so I’m going to share with you a list of questions to answer.
- Name of your business – Is there a story behind your business name?
- Location of your business – Was there a particular reason you chose your location?
- When did your business open?
- What type of goods and/or services do you offer and why?
- What prompted you to begin your business?
- What is your business’s mission? What inspired you to choose that?
- What makes your business unique from others in your market?
- What do your customers like most about your business?
- What has helped to make your business successful?
- What is unique about your products and/or services? How do they benefit your customers?
- What impact has your business had within your local community?
- What special events do you sponsor or host each year and why?
- What is your slogan or tagline? Why did you choose that motto?
These questions should help get you started as you share the story of your business. Again, this isn’t something you’ll put all in one blog post or article, but drip feed content about your business by interspersing it within your regular content.
For instance, if you’re writing a story about industry-related travel and something you did or saw on a trip inspired an element of your business, share that snippet of your business’s story within that particular piece of content.
Go through the above list and use the questions to brainstorm ideas for content that will be relevant and useful to your audience but at the same time, shed some light about you and your business. Let them get to know you so they’ll like you and trust you.
So, what about you? Care to answer any of the above questions in the comments section and share with the rest of us?